At SHB Hire Ltd we strive to offer the highest quality of service and products. If for any reason a customer is unhappy with our service complaints/issues we will deal with these issues fairly and promptly and they should be sent to our dedicated Customer Services Team at:
SHB Hire Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for regulated credit-related activities.
All complaints are taken seriously and will be resolved at the earliest possible stage by a member of the Customer Services Team.
Time Limit Requirements
Within five working days of the complaint the Customer Services Team will send a written Acknowledgement Letter/email confirming:
- Receipt of the complaint
- The name or job title of the individual handling the complaint
- Details of the Complaint Internal Handling Procedures
- An Authority Letter to be completed and returned by the client. This is to enable the Complaints Department the authority to contact any third parties if required (if applicable)
If the complaint has been made verbally then the Acknowledgement Letter will request the Complainant to confirm the Advisers understanding is correct in writing.
Within four weeks of the date the complaint was received the Customer Services Team will either send the complainant;
- A final response or
- A four week letter explaining why the Customer Services Team is not yet in a position to resolve the complaint and indicate when further contact will be made (this must be within eight weeks of receipt of the complaint).
Within eight weeks of the complaint being made to the Customer Services Team they will either send the complainant;
- A final response or
- An eight week letter confirming the following;
- Explaining the reasons why they are not in a position to make a final response
- The reasons for the further delay, indicating when they expect to be able to provide a further response
- Explain that if the complainant is dissatisfied they may refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (regulated activity only)
- Attach a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service’s explanatory leaflet (for regulated activity only)
Once the complaint investigation is complete and a conclusion is made, a final response letter will be issued to the complainant.
The final response letter must contain the following;
- A summary of the complaint and outcome of the investigation
- Details of any offer of redress which the Complaints Department considers appropriate or why no compensation has been offered
- Letter of Acceptance for completion and return by the complainant
- Confirmation that the complainant may refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service if they are dissatisfied with the final response and that they must do this within six months (regulated activity only)
- A copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service’s explanatory leaflet if not already issued (regulated activity only)
If the Customer is not happy with our response they may refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (for regulated activity only).